Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Remind me: what is the rest?

The Rest is Noise is now in bookstores, which is exciting. I'm trying to think if there's a bookstore near work where I could sneak for a few minutes and read the first few pages. (Yes, I am an author's thrifty nightmare. I have been known to read entire books at the bookstore, though mostly I did that at 57th Street Books in Hyde Park where you had to act a lot stranger than that to stand out. In this case, as all we bloggers I think feel a real investment in the book in question and a hopefully not too corny sense of kinship with its blogging author, I am certainly intending on, you know, purchasing this fine, hefty stack of words sometime soon. You should, too!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, 57th Street Books. Nostalgia! Hours spent there, or to be fair, more of them spent in the incredibly hot basement of the Seminary, waiting in line...