Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Hey I just noticed on the street: it's Schmutz Wendesday! This is, insofar as I've been able to understand, the day when Jesus rises from the dead and goes, "oh hey, you've got some schmutz on your head" and wipes it off for you. He's like an amalgam of a zombie and some great aunt that way. Presumably then he goes back to being dead, but I'm not sure. Religion is confusing! Anyway it doesn't seem to be incredibly popular and I'm just wondering if they should branch out on the color scheme a little. Note to Our Lord and Savior: Black does not go with every outfit.

I have a hunch I make this joke every year. Let's just call it a holiday tradition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, I thought if Jesus comes out of the tomb and sees his shadow, there are six more weeks of winter.

(Thank you! Try the veal!)

Kerry