Monday, February 04, 2008

'Moor is Less

Here's what they're doing at Caramoor this summer. There's no press release to be found on the site but I assume that's a full account of what's being offered. It's...maybe a little disappointing. I mean, Barbiere has not exactly been underrepresented in town, though it is always pleasant to see it (or whatever else) in the country. Some of the singers are unknown to me, which might draw me out of my lair into the wilds--Ms. Di Giacomo was a pleasant surprise last year--but for Forza I'm content to stay home. That's just my peccadillo, but no, I refuse ever to be in the same room or outdoor space with Preziosilla again, no matter who plays her. Yes, even if it were You-Know-Whodles, who does not seem to be up for car alarms and mosquito bites this summer, tant pis. Maybe the Vivica Genaux recital of Falla and the like will be this season's enticement off the happy island.

1 comment:

Chalkenteros said...

a lame schedule. and you're right -- preziosilla is just stoopid. So you should come up for a visit to Bard summerscape instead ...