Friday, September 12, 2008

This does not fill me with confidence.

"Renowned organist Gordon Turk will also be featured performing Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana on the famed Hope-Jones Organ."

Hm. Really?

Also:

"Newly auditioned chorus members from the NJSOpera’s Summer 2008 State-Wide Talent Search will be featured as well."

I still want to go, though. Maybe especially now that I know that it might be, well, carnivalesque. This is from a listing for a concert of rather hazy content (Maybe it's Cav/Pag? Maybe it's arias? Maybe it is performance art of some kind?) The point is Galuzin is somehow implicated, and even if he's the page-turner, I'm a little bit intrigued. I was once told that depending on the night, he's either the second coming of Corelli or unrelenting awfulness, but the only time I heard him it was more in the Corelli vein, so it could be worth a train ride.

1 comment:

Will said...

Maury, I've had a couple of Corelliesque nights from him (on stage, Maury, on stage) and he's been the genuine article when I've been lucky enough to hear him. Your mileage may vary, but I hope you hear him when everything's working.