Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Nein! (see also under: Ja!)

Somehow this Met Orchestra thing slipped in under my radar, and now it looks to be sold out. Curses! In the end, probably a good thing for me, financially speaking.

On a more felicitous note, another blogger and I (he didn't say whether he'd care to be named so I'll go with no and let him post otherwise) were pleased to find audio selections linked by the proprietress of The Concert, and more pleased yet when the Grossmachtige Prinzessin--naturally what we lunged at first--turned out to be most enjoyable indeed. Props to the owner and caretaker of a fine and distinctive voice.

6 comments:

Jonathan said...

Oh, is anything ever *really* sold out? I say, keep that credit card at the ready and head to the box office day of--some reasonably affordable single tickets or some last minute desperate scalpers will probably save the day...

Or just hit refresh on the Carnegie Hall website all day until something turns up.

Not that I did that...I mean...maybe.

Maury D'annato said...

J-sung, you are verily the enemy of my financial stability.
*click*
*click*
*click*

Anonymous said...

I have an extra ticket 4th row center balcony (SO can't go). I was going to exchange it but if you're interested...

Maury D'annato said...

Oh, wow. Depends how much it is, I think. Can you email me at maury.dannato@hotmail.com? Thanks very much.

ACB said...

I'm glad you liked it... I'm starting to think I might leave Zerbie behind, though... if I can't get that damn E-natural to vibrate, it might just not be for me, no matter how much fun the rest of it is... Stay tuned! I'm sure I'll air all my angst on the blog...

=]

Anonymous said...

someone is offering tickets on the operalist