Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Triff noch einmal!

Oh life in New York. Listen, some of you out there must be terrible drama queens (well it's an opera blog, after all) and must want to help me come up with a way to wreak Medea-like havoc upon a broker. I hardly need say more than that: brokers, well...come the revolution, they should be shoved up the ass of whoever's first against the wall. If brokers were an opera character, they'd be...instant opera-quiz question in a box: who's the lowest of the low? (Psychoanalyze as you will, my mind raced first to Germont.) Anyway mine has lied to me like it's going out of style and caused me unbelievable stress, so if anyone has excellent ideas involving fire ants and honey--nevermind, Texas reference I think--or knows where to pick up a poisoned diadem of an at-this-point-very-aged Princess of Colchis (now Mingrelia, in Georgia. It all comes back to Georgia.) drop me a line. Or if you're a real estate attorney looking for your pro-bono hours, drop me a line too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! What happened?

Maury D'annato said...

I'll email you.

Chalkenteros said...

Umm, Barnaba?

There are some scummy brokers out there. We're dealing with them too.

alex said...

Iago is pretty evil, though you might not want to pick him since he's actually successful at his plot. Nice parallel with the lying and misleading though.

As for retribution, I vote a bucket of glass shards on top of a tall door followed by a delicious tabasco-based body ointment afterwards :)

Anonymous said...

Poisoned violets usually do the trick...

winpal said...

Lest we be accused of chauvinism, perhaps we should add Gutrune to the list?

Anonymous said...

Something that requires they be buried in quicklime?

And while we're at it, I know of a med school professor who suggested the streets of America should run with the blood of decapitated HMO executives.

One is inclined to wonder, at times, what we're waiting for...

Gregory said...

Maury, in this time of tribulation, I'm thinking of you and humming gaily along to "Si, vendetta".

I've always found that venereal disease is a great revenge. Of course, you have to go about getting one and then passing it on or find an infected party willing to seduce your enemy, but it has a certain poetry to it, I think.

Gregory said...

Maury, in this time of tribulation, I'm thinking of you and humming gaily along to "Si, vendetta".

I've always found that venereal disease is a great revenge. Of course, you have to go about getting one and then passing it on or find an infected party willing to seduce your enemy, but it has a certain poetry to it, I think.